image image

Home Loan Starting 6.65%*


Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Maharashtra

All About Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Maharashtra

Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a specialised ‘housing for all’ scheme, launched in 2015. Its primary aim is to provide at least 20 million dwelling units to homeless individuals or families living in kutcha houses. In the years since its inception, PMAY has picked up steam in all parts of the country, including Maharashtra. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Pune, for instance, became exceedingly popular, receiving over 40000 applications in 2017 from economically weaker sections.

PMAY Scheme in Mumbai - Maharashtra

Mostly the norms for PMAY remain the same in Maharashtra as it is everywhere else. Here too, the state government and the Centre share the expenses of constructing housing units under this scheme. For PM Awas Yojana in Maharashtra, the State authorities bear 40% of the expenses, while the Central government pays the remaining 60%.

Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Maharashtra

Whether seeking Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Mumbai or anywhere else, an applicant would need to meet the following criteria –

  • Applicants or their family members should not own a pucca house anywhere in the country at the time of application.
  • Households with an annual income of up to Rs.18 lakh per year are eligible for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Pune benefits.
  • The beneficiary family must not have availed any centralised assistance from other housing schemes in India in the past.
  • Only residents of statutory towns, as per Census 2011, are eligible to claim PMAY benefits in Maharashtra.
  • Property should be owned or co-owned by female members of the applying family. If no such adult member is present, an adult male member can claim sole ownership.
  • When availing the Maharashtra Awas Yojana CLSS benefits, applicants can look for subsidies of up to 6.5% on home loan interest rates

You can use PMAY eligibility calculator to know your eligibility requirements.

Key Features and Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Maharashtra

PMAY Maharashtra applicants can look for the following features and benefits –

  • Interest subsidies of up to 6.5% on home loan with a tenure of 20 years.
  • Specialised housing units, constructed by the state and Central government for eligible EWS/LIG candidates. These houses must measure 25 square metres or above.
  • Additional financial assistance of Rs.1.2 lakh and Rs.1.3 lakh for beneficiaries residing in plain and hilly regions, respectively.
  • Temporary employment for 90-95 days for beneficiaries under the MGNREGA scheme.
  • Rs.12000 provided to beneficiaries under the Swachh Bharat Mission for the purpose of building toilets in a dwelling unit.
  • All basic amenities and facilities equipped in these housing units, including water supply, electricity and sanitary measures.
  • EWS/LIG members can also avail a loan of up to Rs.70000 from PMAY-associated financial institutions. 

How to Apply for PradhanMantri Awas Yojana Maharashtra?

Individuals can choose to apply for this particular scheme offline or online. In the offline process, potential Maharashtra Awas Yojana applicants can visit one of the partner financial lenders and fill up the PMAY application form there..

Otherwise, they can choose to apply online as well, using the following method –

  • Visit the official PMAY portal.
  • Navigate to ‘Citizen Assessment’ and choose either ‘For Slum Dwellers’ or ‘Benefit Under Other 3 Components’ option as applicable.
  • Provide Aadhaar number and click on check.
  • Fill up the application form that appears.
  • Enter the captcha and save your application.

Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Maharashtra List

PMAY applicants must confirm the status of their application, using the list that the government publishes each year. To check Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Maharashtra List, follow the steps below –

  • Visit the official PMAY portal.
  • Enter your full name.
  • Enter the first three characters of your name.

A different process is followed to view PMAYG Maharashtra list. Applicants under this particular scheme should learn how to view their application status as well.

PMAY subsidy scheme for MIG I & II category is not extended by regulatory. Category wise scheme validity is mentioned below:

     1. EWS & LIG category is valid up to 31st March 2022

     2. MIG I & MIG II category was valid up to 31st March 2021